Phone: 587.435.1826 Email: email@example.com
My name is Tricia Thomas, I am an Alberta Registered Psychologist and Canadian Certified Counsellor. I focus on building relationships to quickly get to the bottom of your problems.
Maybe you feel lost, need help finding your path, or just need someone to talk to. People come to me from all different phases of their lives. I work with you to break down walls and barriers that are holding you back from being your best self.
I will hear you and see you for who you really are and how you show up in the world. You deserve more in your life, including happiness, peace and health. These are not impossible goals or out of reach. As your counsellor, I will create a confidential and safe space for you to share your story so we can work collaboratively towards your goals, whatever they may be. Feel free to contact me.
At the end, I strive for all clients to leave each session with hope and the confidence that you have the power to change your life. I utilize an arsenal of tools in my practice tailoring my approach to best suit each individuals needs and circumstances. Therapies can include the use of narrative, interpersonal, emotion-focused, solution-focused, cognitive behavioural, play based and others.
Education and Mental Health Training
- Masters of Arts in Counselling Psychology, Yorkville University,
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, Athabasca University
Mental Health Training and Certifications
- Core Brain Certification - Alberta Health Services
- Single Session Therapy - Wood’s Homes, Eastside Family Centre
- Emotion Focused Therapy for Couples Certification - P.E.S.I
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Certification - P.E.S.I
- Psychological First Aid - Alberta Health Services
- Emotionally Focused Individual Therapy Workshop - Talk Therapy Inc.
- Therapeutic Story Telling - Alberta Play Therapy Association
- Certified Sex Addiction Therapist Training Level 1 - I.I.T.A.A.P
- Integrating Adverse Childhood Experiences and Mental Health - Alberta Health Services
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behaviour Therapy - Alberta Play Therapy Association
- Conflict Resolution Training - Hugh McGeary
- Feedback Informed Treatment: Train the Trainer Training - International Center for Clinical Excellence
- Transgenerational Trauma - Blue Quills University
- Addictions Workshop - AADAC-Youth Addiction Services/Alberta Health Services
- Self-Harm in Adolescents - Alberta Health Services
- DBT and Adolescents Workshop - Alberta Health Services
- Working With Traumatic Memory Webinar - Alberta Health Services
- Treatment Planning in Neurologically Informed Therapy - Alberta Health Services
- Feedback Informed Treatment: Advanced Intensive Training - International Center for Clinical Excellence
- Art Therapy Workshop - Carmen Richardson