Development throughout one’s lifetime is a dynamic and complex process that is influenced by many factors. My therapeutic approach with clients is informed by a deep knowledge of brain development and functioning, and the understanding that relationships are an essential part of being human. My specialized training in infant parent mental health enables me to support parents in the transition to parenthood through relationship and understanding. I value prevention and early intervention when possible to support a healthy developmental path and will provide support in working though difficult life experiences. I am experienced in working with individuals and families in supporting healing from trauma, adversity and mental health challenges.
I’m an Alberta Registered Psychologist who’s passionate about working with individuals and parents as they negotiate life transitions and seek wellness. I value connection and relationship as the mechanism for change and growth. My approach is collaborative and focuses on supporting you with what is important to you.
I have been a registered psychologist since 2013, completing my undergraduate degree at the University of Calgary majoring in psychology and minoring in sociology and completed a Masters of Counselling through Athabasca University. I have worked with several not-for-profit agencies in Calgary and have gained invaluable experience working with diverse populations with complex needs.
My lens is heavily influenced by brain science and understanding development over the lifespan. I have had the opportunity to work with and train caregivers and service providers and bearing witness to ‘ah-ha’ moments. The privilege of seeing these connections happen for people drives me to continue to support the change process and engage in lifelong learning.
EDUCATION AND MENTAL HEALTH TRAINING
- Masters of Counselling Psychology - Athabasca University
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology - University of Calgary
Mental Health Training & Certifications:
- Indigenous Canada - University of Alberta
- Certification as Mentor in Neurosequential Model of Therapeutics (completed Phase I, II and III)
- EMDR basic training
- Certified in the Neurosequential Model of Reflective Supervision (NMRS)
- Certified in NCAST Parent-Child Interaction scale
- Training in Newborn Behavioral Observation (NBO) - certification in process
- Currently attending Napa Infant-Parent Mental Health Fellowship - University of California Davis
- Collaborative Problem Solving tier 1 and tier 2 training - Stuart Ablon
- Systemic Approaches to Nurturing Resilience Among Children, Youth and Families with Complex Needs - Michael Ungar