Registered Clinical Social Worker
I am a Registered Clinical Social Worker with 15 years experience working in the areas of mental health and addictions. I make use of a person-centered approach to meet you where you are at. I will work with you to identify goals you wish to achieve and support you along your journey. I have experience working with people who are struggling with various mental health and emotional concerns including: trauma, grief and loss, anxiety, depression, stress, and addictions.
I make use of experiential-based therapies that focus on creating new experiences that can shift our perceptions of past experiences. This can open up more possibilities, where once we could not see them. I am an avid outdoorsman and often incorporate our relationship with the natural world into the therapeutic experience. I am interested in what our bodies can tell us about how we exist in the world, if only we could learn to listen to it. The more we know ourselves the better we can relate to others and our world.
Education and Mental Health Training
- Master of Social Work, Direct Practice Specialization, University of New Hampshire
- Master of Science in Outdoor Education, University of New Hampshire
Mental Health Training & Certifications:
- Hakomi Institute of Calgary - Two Year Comprehensive Professional Skills Training
- Association of Experiential Education - Certified Clinical Adventure Therapist
- Applied Suicide Skillls intervention Training, Centre for Suicide Prevention
- Trauma Focused CBT - Trauma Focused CBT with a Twist by Deb Lehmann
- Emotion Focused Therapy - Integrating Emotionally Focused Therapy, Self-Compassion, and Compassion-Focused Therapy into Outdoor Behavioral Healthcare by Christine Norton
- Trauma - Nature-based and Mindfulness interventions for Trauma Healing & Nervous System Regulation by Katie Asmus
- Reality Therapy - Choice + Action = Change: The Combined Use Of Reality And Adventure Therapy by Annette Pelletier and Kayla Bogs
- Right Use of Power: Empowering Clients Through Investigating and Owning Our Personal Relationships With Power By Katie Asmus and Rene Roark
- Hakomi Method Introduction - Covering the Principles of Mindfulness, Non-violence, Unity, Organicity and Mind-Body Wholeness by Jaci Hall